Monday 18 March 2019

When sorry seems to be the hardest word !!

A motorbike post with a commentary on life and how sad it is at times !

Percy is my Pride and Joy (P&J) My other passion  - all my adult life is motorcycles. I've always had a least one on the road and when the kids were young I had a motorcycle and sidecar  - at least at the age of 7 and 5 arriving at school in a motorbike combo was cool !




So last week I returned from a ride on my latest bike a Honda ST1300, been to Luxembourg/Germany/France/Belgium on it last year - it's a great if not heavy bike. I parked it up while I opened the gate to get it into the temporary shed. As I walked back I watched as a visitor to one of the cottages reversed back towards it  - I was expecting her to stop as the beepers sounded but she didn't ( not reversing sensor or use of the wing mirrors ) so I watched as my P&J was knocked over and scuffed up.



It's now on its way to Hampshire to be repaired and I have a loan bike. However and no doubt under instruction I can't recall a sorry  - how sad is that. It just seems that in this culture there is a real fear of apologising in case it is used against you.... so sad

...at least I get to try out a bike I have fancied owning for a while  .....NC750x  a bike that does 80mpg and is half of a Honda Jazz engine. Still not a Pan !


No comments: