Monday 8 February 2021

A year ago tomorrow

We were on the boat sitting our storm Cara and had been out cruising looking at starter batteries at Norbury and going for a meal at the Junction pub at Norbury. All basic taken for granted activities much yearned for this year. I'm trying ever so hard not to be wish my life away as I guess most of the world is doing right now. We are lucky and know it and are thankful for it. 


It all seems like a life time away..... 

Anyhow today my bad back woke me again to a blizzard like scene  as I took Leia out for her early morning toilet. The Rayburn is on with both boilers going to give the workshop some heat.... it was March 2018 when I came back from Chichester at 10.30pm on a Sunday night to find the beast from the east had taken its toll on our workshop bursting a pipe and blowing the plastic push fits off the central heating in there.


I think this week will see both wood burners going at the cottage. The smaller Aga in the front room is perfect whereas big bertha in the middle of the house will heat the whole house when going well.... only issue is the house will look like an early years steam liner with both chimneys smoking. At least I'm getting through the 14 bags of Excel I brought last March when I could not get oil during the first lockdown. This time we have had no such problems so sorry Greta but I'll be burning some fossil fuels  (oil and coal) today but we do where we can supplement it with renewable electrical heat.

I will have to brave the elements as I'm on a mission to sell surplus motorcycle parts  - to give an idea of the scale of my years of hoarding bits from bikes sold on....I'm going to hit £1500 when I sell my last couple of bits. That's some expenditure to recoup that much selling on Ebay and forums. But at least my garage looks better for it as does my bank balance. I'm also on a mission to finally sort the paperwork  - shredding most of the stuff I've saved for posterity. I'll keep just a few old bills for the lads to look at and throw away when its their time to clear my life away ! 

One final job is to scan in the many hundreds of old paper photographs .... but then I need to catalogue the 35000 digital photos I have in my Iphoto library .... now there is a task to keep me busy. 


2 comments:

Alf said...

Can guarantee that at least one of the items that you have "cleared" will be needed in the next few weeks !! ;-)
Always happens to me.

Nev Wells said...

..... already happened but my pride won’t let me buy the item again !