Wednesday 28 April 2021

Well we called that about right

Today I listened to the weather forecast on Radio 4 and the weather person was making the comment it was the first time this month she had been able to say unsettled and showers ! I was of course listening in bed in our cottage rather than Percy. I had a twinge of guilt thinking of Percy waiting again clean ready to go for another adventure.... and I was lazing in bed !

The summary of our trip (thanks to the excellent CanalplanAC) was as follows....

  • Trip length 77 miles 6 and a half furlongs
  • 28 locks 
  • 36 hours and 43 minutes
  • 22 small aqueducts and two tunnel passages ( Cowley tunnel there and back) 
  • Interestingly it does not list the number of bridges .... ( that I can find) 
We should have turned right at the junction as we will be doing this same route when we bring Percy to Stone for Blacking in October. At least it gives us a reason for a cruise and I do fancy 'bagging' another canal full length by going to Stourport ..... a plan is forming.


2 comments:

Nick said...

Is that a feature request...?

Nev Wells said...

Yes please, the statto in me would love that information.