Thursday 18 November 2021

Biking into November

Ok, so less of being a tree and more of being a rufty tufty biker. My two good friends Steve and Bob and I met up earlier this month to make sure we were all ok  - important and also plan some rides into 2022. I have a seperate post on 2022 plans coming up that will have a bit of an update on Percy's engine. 

We agreed to meet at the boat house pub/restaurant somewhere up North  - Between Doncaster and Rotherham. It's actually on the River Don which flooded the pub a little while back so it had been refitted out - but no doubt prone to flooding again sadly.

The location was chosen as Bob comes from Middlesbrough and Steve from Sleaford. I think I get the best ride through the Peak District. Both out and back it seemed Bakewell was the hidden door of good weather in the east to drizzle and cloud in the west. The RT was suitably crapped up after my return via Chesterfield  - I went out via Sheffield - routes on the map below.


As always it was good to meet up and we planned at least two trips  - one to Colditz and into Czechoslovakia !! Last time I went there it was to a Stag weekend in Prague and what went on there stays locked in my mind for an eternity ! 

Anyway bikes.....


Nice and clean and it even got a blow dry 


Covered up as the Himalayan gets the dirty stuff from now on 

No comments: