Wednesday 10 November 2021

More water to walk next to

My focus for the remainder of 2021 and into 2022 while boating is limited due to engine checks etc is my fitness. I know you are not going to believe this but I'm 60 FFS next year. I won't do 60 very well so be warned family and friends.

My good friend Graham who does not do social media  - we were apprentices together in the Print industry in the 70's. As an aside  - Yes I am a time served ( 4 years) journeyman printer. A craft/skill that is less in need now due to those pesky computers. but in the day it took 4 years to hone the crafts to be a lithographic/letterpress/ gravure printer. 

Anyhow we fish together and walk together and seem to be able to talk about stuff most of the time without repeating ourselves - or if we do we politely not remind each other we've heard the stories before! 

So the other week we set the world to right and tried to reset my pending November SAD with a refreshing eight and a half mile walk around Carsington reservoir.

For the record really as in another post pending I'll update on Percy and plans for 2022 and a raft of other observations and markers to what I've been doing for my dotage reflections  !!





On returning home and having food I then got my ( electric) bike out and did a Morrisons shop in Cheadle - a 10 mile round trip as I choose different ways to go out and back.

2 comments:

Carol said...

60 is the new 40!

Nev Wells said...

I really hope so !