Thursday 7 July 2022

A little bit of fishing

Fishing commercial lakes has pretty much spoilt my fishing on the canals. However it's easy and safe and convenient and during the summer you are pretty much guaranteed fish. 

Instead of walking Graham and I opted for a days fishing in late June at Birch House fisheries, equidistant for each of our homes. A very hot summers day ensued with the fish taking anything off the top it would seem. It was so mad I did not fish with a float , just a floating bait ( bread, cat biscuit ) or a held up bait such as half a prawn.

I bagged 40 carp from a pound to under 10 pounds. So easily 150-200 lbs of fish and they were still feeding when I gave up at 3.30pm from 7.30 am. Last time I fished there I got 50 carp ! 

Just a record of a days friendship sharing a passion ( more for Graham than me )  I think next week it'll be a walk  - more challenging for sure.

The mice had been busy over the winter  - little buggers 




Not a bad place to spend a day 



No comments: