Thursday 21 July 2022

Not for me canal boating...

.... in this weather !

Been there done that and it's not great. When I lived aboard I had some scorchers but nothing like this. Coming back from Belgium yesterday on my bike the highest temp the onboard ambient sensor read was 39c... Today Tuesday the 19th July it's going to hit 40c we are told. There were bikers at the tunnel yesterday who had turned around from trips into the south of France due to the heat and fires.

Being inside a 60 foot metal tube when is roasting hot outside is not comfortable and the solar gain make night times bad as well.

My live aboard friends you have my sympathy.... the cottage having two foot thick walls and blinds is a comfortable place .... bike and car washed early this morning  ( minimizing water use) a load of washing on the line is very dry already. Leia was walked also early.

No doubt back to normal tomorrow but don't underestimate the mess we've made of our eco system.... I for one think we are seeing a compounding effect where the global warming is feeding on itself. It's good news that Friends of the Earth took our Government to task about its climate change approach and have won a victory that means our government will have to review its approach to make it achievable.

In my mind it's not about massive change but change is incremental parts by everyone and calling out those organisations that are not doing their bit.

Enjoy the sun .....

 


No comments: