Wednesday 19 May 2021

Lejog day 3 into Wales

I think the North Devon coast is well underestimated compared to its Cornish neighbour - I'd take the likes of Lynmouth and Lynton over Newquay and Padstow every time plus you have the lovely A39 to ride on and up and down.... some of the 25%'s were engaging as was the views.

240 miles today over the Seven bridge and up the less attractive (after Monmouth A49) I managed to dodge some serious looking rain clouds again today - I doubt I'll do that tomorrow and Friday ! Might have to rig a sail for tomorrow !

I did have a few concerns about crossing the Seven bridge due to an increasing wind ( from the weather not me) but as it turned out it was pleasant and the views were amazing.

Actually back at Ivy cottage for tonights stop - made no sense coming back this way and not sleeping with the wife and no charge !

I chose the latter part of my route today to come under the A5 Stretton aqueduct .... only a few weeks ago we were going over it !






No comments: