Sunday 23 May 2021

Lejog day 6 SUN

Lejog day 6 - I got sun today but it was just 6c when I left Moffat this morning. A stunning run out of Moffat then skirting the Galloway hills for a coffee and drone stop.


Then is was around Ayr to Gurock for a rendezvous with a ferry to take me to Dunoon and the ever expanding upwards and widthwards horizons of north west Scotland. 


I stopped again at the top of the valley I rode up from Holy Loch to the top of Loch Eck for the last of the coffee and a drone flight while I could. The hills dwarf everything sending the drone 200 feet up and it was no where near the tops of the hills. 


Then a sublime ride along the A815 which hugs Loch Fyne to the A83 that brought me to my hotel at Arrochar which has a bath a view over loch Long  - perfect, food and a bit more Guinness  seems me sorted and planning my ride tomorrow.


My original 12 O'clock ferry from Mallaig has been cancelled and they have bumped me to 4pm.... 4pm on Skye is heavy rain so I have three options 


1. Get the 4pm ferry and get wet again

2. Re route to the little turntable ferry .....

3. Re route and go over the bridge....


I'll report back tomorrow .... I'll edit this post tomorrow when I can hopefully add some pictures as the internet here is slow 

2 comments:

Graham said...

Option 2 - the Glenelg ferry is not a trip to miss. Get there early and watch the strength of the tide. You might even see otters. The run on both sides is very scenically dramatic too.
If you have time take a quick look at the 2000 year-old brochs, the first examples of cavity wall construction.

Nev Wells said...

Hi Graham - It was option 2 and what a great choice. From the shore it looked like a white rapids ride but on the ferry not so bad - expertly crewed. I travelled before reading your comment but a good reason to go back !!