Friday 10 September 2021

The insurance cruise

So I’m back …. Lots of catching up with retrospective posts to come that are really for my memory down the line …. But for now The insurance cruise.

Percy is 30 years old and whilst the current insurers haven’t yet asked I know they will before the next renewal. So we are booked in at Stone boat yard for diy blacking and ( hopefully if the surveyor gets back to me) a hull survey. I also need a boat safety and again waiting for a surveyor to ‘get back to me’ 

To be honest I’m frustrated with the whole canal and boating thing at the moment. The canals are overgrown as CART have reduced / removed the veg pledge …. The Caldon is almost grown over now and just today so many broken paddles and really badly leaking gates. I would not be spending in excess of £100,000 to drag that investment or spend around these ditches right now. 

I may well get Percy valued when we moor up for a holding period at Great Haywood. Lots of things are impacting what I consider enjoyable cruising now….. 

Anyhow we set off Tuesday evening to get to Great Haywood a week on Thursday so no great pressure other than a lunch appointment on Sunday around Weston Upon Trent. Tuesday night at Norbury, Wednesday at Stretton Thursday at Gailey and Tonight above Deptmoor Lock. 

We will edge around weeping cross and Redford bank tomorrow and may stop at Great Haywood to go collect the other car. (one car has been left at Great Haywood Marina) then stop at Ingestre (sp) on Saturday. 

We are due in at Great Haywood for a couple of weeks then off to Stone for the above works.










  


No comments: